Subject: Re: [Leica] lens usage percentages
From: RBedw51767 <RBedw51767@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:55:21 EST

<< Leica Lens
 M and LTM; out of 100% for the M3/6/IIIF
 35 1.4 Asph----------12.5
 50 2 summic/coll-----5
 50 2 sumDR-----------12.5
 50 2 summitar--------5
 50 1 nocti-----------15
 65 3.5 elmar---------20 [I've done a lot of close up work lately]
 85 1.5 summarex------2.5
 90 4 elmarC----------12.5
 135 4 telelmar-------7.5
 280 6.3 telyt--------7.5
 I love being a bit retentive so I just totaled up the last 30 rolls but the
 figures are still only an estimate ;-)

I noticed that you use your 50mm F1 Noctilux quite a bit.   I am becoming more
curious about this lense and would appreciate some comments from a user.

Is yours a current issue and if not what are the differences?

Do you find the size and weight a problem?

Are there particular f-stops that are sharper than others?

I noticed that you own three other 50mm lenses.  Can you tell the difference
between photographs taken with the F1.0 vs the other three 50mm?

If you were traveling and you could only take one 50mm lense would you feel
comfortable taking the Noctilux as your only one?

One of the things that I enjoy about my 21mm aspheric is the separate
viewfinder and the less visual interruption that the actual lense has in the
viewfinder.  Viewing through the regular M6 view with my 35mm f1.4, with the
lense cap attached, the lense barrel become more prominent.  This bothers me
somewhat.  The Noctilux, because of it's heft, must be very visible in the
viewfinder.  Is this true and does it bother you more that other lenses?

Please excuse all of the questions.  If would be most helpful to hear from
you.

Thanks,

Robert B.