Subject: Re: [Leica] Real world experience bashing front elements
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:23:44 -0800

At 11:22 AM 3/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>If you guys want to know a great way to damage your the front elements of
>your lenses.  Place your 50 Summicron in a Domke insert without the rear
>caps.  Now, place your 90 Summicron, 75 Summilux or 50 Noctilux  front
>element down  in the same compartment and walk or run around on a shoot
>for a while.
>
>Now,  look at the front element of your lens and I'll bet you wish you'd
>had a filter on the front.

No! wrong again! I would have wished that I was smart enough to use lens
caps. Who in their right mind would throw a bunch of lenses into a bag
without caps? If that's the way you treat your equipment, you will end up
with junk.

Sorry Duane, what you said above just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Jim