Subject: [Leica] Leica Prototype Sale / My Story / Marvin Moss
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:10:04 EST

 Frank etal:

 I have an exremely rare (R9) on a scale of 10 Leitz lens with letters of
 provenance from both Jim Lager when he worked for Leica and from
 Frau Doktor Elsie Kuhn Leitz (dec) & more recently received more info
 from the Acadamie at Solms. Before advertising this lens for sale in
 the LHSA catalog, I offered to sell it back to Leica at a nominal price
 rather than to sell it to the only buyers interested ---- from Japan.

 I received a cordial thank you but no thanks letter stating that with the
 recent cut-backs due to the Asian financial situation, they were limiting
 their museum pieces to only one of each type & they already have one
 similar to mine.  I understand that they are also selling of some proto-
 types & even special tools.  The same thing happens regularily with
 many museums but for some reason - not the Smithsonian.

 Marvin Moss