Subject: [none]
From: dci@aa.net (Don Chatterton)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:07:32 -0800

Sorry...only part of one page transmitted., so will do in sections if
necessary Page 2

As with many of the people in this business, it was started from a hobby
which grew into a business. We started it because, as with so many of you,
it was a wonderful fun hobby, and the business was and is built on the
premise that it will be fun and enjoyable.  Our customers have been
wonderful friends and I know hundreds of you personally. When it gets to a
point where money, greed and anger are the only criteria,... and
friendship, fun and comraderie are no longer the norms....we will be out
the door.

To more speciics, a complaint was voiced about the sale of anew  50mm f:2.8
Elmar-M  lens sold into New York. A few weeks ago, we advertised on our
website, that we would have eight (8) new lens for $555.00 (well below
cost). This was the result of a dealer promotion when an M6-a 50mm f:2.8
and 35mm f:2 old style,were purhase in lots of 10 pieces..

We immediately received 37 orders for the 8 lenses; and not being able to
repeat the miracle of the "loaves and fishes", we took the first eight
buyers, and put the rest on a possible back order