Subject: Re: [Leica] Vintage LUGgers need not read. Filters, the second installment.
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:29:05 -0800

Jim Brick Wrote:

> > (hell... I don't actually know a single
> > professional photographer that uses a UV filter... for anything, except for
> > perhaps a drink coaster.)

Jim, I looked and actually I do own one and it is lightly covered with
fiberglass resin overspray which won't under any circumstances come
off.   Which makes a good thing to keep around for a slight diffusion
filter or flare inducer.  I hadn't thought of using it as a coaster.
But only for mugs of german beer.

donal
- --
Donal Philby