Subject: [Leica] Don Chatterton
From: Phil Kokoczka <pak@lbwl.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:44:54 -0500

I feel I have to add my $0.02 worth to this discussion. I have bought a
new M6 and several lenses from Don. He gave me the best deal on the
M6 which was purchased just before the rebates were announced. The
price I paid was lower than the rebate price! While buying the M6 we
discussed lenses and Don sold me an immaculate 50 chron complete with
all caps, hood and original box. In the time since I bought a 28mm Elmar
(again with both caps and hood and a very nice Zing case), and 135mm
Hektor. When buying the Hektor, I had originally planned on getting the
more expensive Elmar but Don talked me out of it when he heard what I
had planned to use it for. He saved me many hundreds of dollars and I
ended up with a mint- 135 mm Hektor M mount lens complete with both
caps and hood (no box with this one). Don always supplies a complete
product negating the need to hunt for caps and hoods (and also tries to
include a UV filter). And bravo to Don for his handling of the tax situation.
As you can tell, I will buy again from Don-who has always been friendly
and helpful on the phone. It's nice to be able to talk to someone as
knowledgeable about Leicas as Don-especially when the nearest Leica
dealer is several hundred miles away from me.

I must also mention Dan Black-who also advertizes in SHUTTERBUG and
is great to deal with. Dan is one fine gentleman with lots of Leica
experience and a fountain of great advice.