Subject: Re: [Leica] Shopping for lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 22:35:50 -0600

At 09:32 AM 3/22/98 +0500, you wrote:

>it seems lately that the best prices are in the USA.  My question is - is
>it possible to buy in New York and not pay local taxes if you are a
>non-resident and the goods are taken out of the country?

No, that's not possible. But if you mail order it, the tax often doesn't
apply. Buy it from Camera World of Oregon, and there is no sales tax. If
you are staying somewhere for a couple days, arrange to make sure they have
one in stock and then they can  send it to you Federal Express overnight.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a
child.

Ron Wild