Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Vario-Apo-Elmarit 70-180 vs. Vario-Elmar 105-280
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:04:54 -0600

At 09:43 AM 3/21/98 -0800, you wrote:

>year and have used it often since. Though manufactured in Canada, it
>reproduces outstanding apochromatic color renditions. The latter have

What do you mean "though?"

This lens was designed in Canada for the U.S. Military - whose budget made
such a lens possible at the price it was at.

Now, the new 180 Apo is designed in Germany, and I have no doubt it's
superlative. I want one. But where it was desgined and made has nothing to
do with quality.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings
The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances
The wind that blows is all that any body knows.
  -Thoreau