Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealers
From: Van Barletta <van@theramp.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 10:58:59 -0600

Personally, I find these anecdotal reports interesting, and somewhat
helpful, so:

1. Chatterton - When I bought an M3 and lens from him recently, I found
when I opened the package that he had included all caps (at least one NY
store I know sells them a la carte), a used brown leather Leica case, and a
Leica UV filter (which of course I would *never* actually use), all thrown
in without his even mentioning it.

2.  KEH - I had a Leica lens for sale that I'd picked up cheap, but it
wasn't in very good condition.  Rather than have it cleaned up, or try to
accurately represent to a buyer, I just called KEH, who from the looks of
their catalog will buy anything. I gave the guy a quote on how much I
wanted.  Imagine my shock when he came back at me with a quote $50 *higher*
than mine!  And that's what  they paid me when they got the lens.

3. KEH - When I e-mailed them a complaint that the $5 strap I wanted to buy
came with a $7.50 S&H charge, their response?  They sent me the strap, no
charge, not even for the strap itself.  Pretty classy.

Van