Subject: Re: [Leica] A Chatterton Story
From: RBedw51767 <RBedw51767@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:40:37 EST

It's been my experience that one story does not mean anything.  One listens to
it and stores it in memory.  When you hear it the second time it "sorta" gets
your attention.  If the negative stories keep coming and they come from
different directions it certainly means something to me.  I believe that a
Chatterton pattern has developed and this is information that comes from other
Leica LUGGERS.  When one hears these stories and they don't pay any attention
to them they are opening themselves up for a lot of aggravation.

I believe that LUGGERS have been fair and extremely generous to offer their
experience.  I judge their fairness by the overwhelming postitive experiences
that they have had doing business with Jim Kuehl.   Frankly, I've never done
business with either.  However, I now have a lot of confidence doing business
by mail with Jim Kuehl.   On page 242 In the April issue of Shutterbug their
is an ad from Jim Kuehl.  On the opposite page (243) there is an ad from Don
Chatterton.  I now know which one that I am comfortable ordering product from
now.

In your note you highly recommended three New York dealers.  I assume that you
visit them frequently and know the people.  It sure make a big difference when
you can be face-to-face and establish a personal relationship.

I do agree with you.  Everything can't be bad about Chatterton.

Happy Shooting!

Bob