Subject: [Leica] Leica TLR Medium format camera?/ Dan
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:55:19 EST

In a message dated 98-03-19 19:02:05 EST, Dan wrote:
<<
 I asked him if he actually mean't Zeiss.  He said, "No, Leica".  In
 addition, the camera has a very low serial number, 136.
 Dan C.

 Leica #136 would be from the 1925 production of 144 Mod. 1(A)s
 with Anastigmat lens, 24x36 format & with simple Galiean VF& no RF.
 Mostly all of these Leicas are accounted for and in private collections
 or in a museum - but every 10 years or so, one does pop up at a major
 auction and will sell for $25,000 to $65,000.  There were a number of
 auxillary attachments that fitted in the shoe & allowed for TRF viewing
 made by Meyer, Kuehne Wetzlar &  De Mornay Budd.  I own all 3.

 Marvin Moss