Subject: Re: [Leica] Velvia vs. Provia - what's the verdict?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:00:03 -0500

At 07:43 PM 3/18/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>anyone have comments on these two fine reversal films (other than Velvia
>being 50 and Provia 100 ASA)? I haven't had too much of a chance to try
>either with my new Leica gear, weather just plain S*CKS around here.... Any
>comments welcome (like, am I wasting my money and would Sensia which costs
>about half the price do just as well).
>Later,
>-- Dieter
>
>Dieter Stoll                  D-72127 Kusterdingen, Germany
>dstoll@tuebingen.netsurf.de   Home fax: +49-7071-368520

Dieter:

My favorite of the Fuji's is Astia - also 100 but beautiful skin tones.
Velvia is super-fine grain, very contrasty and saturated - a wonderful
landscape film.  Provia is less contrasty and less saturated.  It's also a
good film but I prefer Astia.  Sensia is the same as Provia but is made for
the amatuer market since it is not pre-aged.  You could always buy it and
wait awhile before you use it :)  Hope this helps.  Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>