Subject: [Leica] M4 slow speeds problem
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:52:20 +0100

Hello luggers,

I just got an old M4 for a really low price. In France, M4s are cheaper than
M4-2/M4-P in equal conditions anyway. The viewfinder is very clean and the
rangefinder seems globally acurate when compared to my M4-P (I will soon
make a roll or two). However, it feels like it needs oil. The shutter works
fine but it souds somehow "rusty" when I cock it. Moreover, when I cock the
shutter fast, the 1s exposure is much faster than expected. If I cock
slowly, it works fine. Does any of you know this problem?
I thank all of you in advance for your help.
Thib.