Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Warranty cards
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:38:57 -0500

At 05:43 PM 3/17/98 -0500, Paul T Collura wrote:
>Are you saying that there are Leica collectors that would pay more for a
handled >camera (mint, but used) with cards than without cards?  I can
possibly see the >desirability of the warranty cards if the package is
"new" but used they seem >superfluous.

Heavens, YES, I am saying this.  Pray, purchase a copy of SHUTTERBUG and
read the ads!  Or join the LHSA and note the ads in THE LEICA CATALOG.

Yes, collectors pay a premium for used cameras with cards.  And with boxes.
 And with packing materials.  And, probably, with the original BAGS the
item came in.

Collectors may be crazy, but let's accept market dynamics and make some money!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!