Subject: Re: [Leica] 75mm Summilux M?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:28:30 -0500

At 08:56 AM 17-03-98 -0500, you wrote:

>Check again - perhaps there is something wrong with your eyes. The
>detachable shade definitely intersects the rangefinder patch at certain
>distances.
>Don't tell me I'm spreading rumours.

OK, I see what you mean.  There is a faint out of focus fizzy line passing
through the rangefinder spot visible at close distances.  I have never
noticed it before.  It certainly has no effect on the ability to focus the
lens.   My advice is to simply ignore it.

But yes, technically you are correct, there is a small, minor intersection
with part of the lens hood #12539 with the rangefinder spot, and so I
apologise to you for implying that you are "spreading rumours".  But it is
not as severe a problem as your original post implied.  But thanks for
pointing it out to me, forever more I will be seeing it whenever I use that
lens.  ;-)

Dan C.