Subject: Re: [Leica] Gray Market vs US Import?? Leicas and Jeans.
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:22:41 -0500

Y'all,
I had read that Kodak makes and coats all its FILM here- it is sent to
europe where it is slit and packaged, and that differences in price are
actually due to packaging and handling. Anyone know for sure? I am convinced
that the europeans have an advantage with some of their technology; a friend
of mine works for a company that buys its packaging machinery in Germany
because the quality is better, it is more efficient, and it is faster than
domestic machines. I could buy into the idea that the same film was cheaper
coming from europe simply because the handling costs are less.
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com