Subject: Re: [Leica] The Famous Ferdinand M6 Adventure Charlie
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:13:09 +0000

- - Tina Manly has had terrible luck: A brken rewind M6 and a shattered shutter R8.
- - Ferdinand had a bad M6.
- -Tom Shea had a run of three bad M6's and a bad lens
- - Ian Stanley has a tampered with NIB M6 that has faulty flash sync and RF wheel
   screwhead marring. A second NIB M6 was faulty as well
- - Robert Louzan has a defective NIB 50/2.8 that is repaired, rather than replaced
   under passport (apparantly not left in new condition)
- - Christopher Hoovers maladjusted R8 meter.
- - Add  Bob Bedwells R8 winder, still broken after a trip to Leica.
- - Someone who wishes to remain anonymous reports  a titanium M6 w/ broken
frame counter. A NIB Noctilux with tarnishing on the chrome mount and a dealer's
demo 50/2 summicron (late in 96) with a hair between the elements that was
replaced.
- - Milos Kocman's M6 has shutter problems and a poorly fit back (I don't think the
back door is supposed to fit easily under the baseplate lip and so have my doubts as to
whether this is a reportable problem).
- -Alex Brattel's NIB 50 'lux has a loose filter cowl (I'll add his working M6 to the next
release of the OK list).
- -Pete Myers has gone through two optical defects on R35/2 ROM lenses