Subject: [Leica] Mattress Tags and Warranty Cards
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 00:25:18 -0500

At 07:01 PM 3/16/98 -0800, Dale Reed wrote:
>1.  PASSPORT PROTECTION PLAN   Congratulations on your purchase of the
>above Leica equipment.  In order to receive your exclusive 3 year
>passport and limited warranty protection please carefully read the
>following. By filling out and sending in the bottom portion of this
>warranty card within 30 days of your purchase date, you will receive the
>full benefits of...
>
>30 days folks.  So what is the purpose of keeping them in a plastic
>case?    Dale

Dale

This is simply not legally enforceable in the US.  A warranty cannot be
based upon 'registration' of any kind.  It probably is wise to FAX them a
note that you have purchased the item, setting out its serial number, in
case there is a recall or product upgrade, but neither Leica, nor any other
manufacturer, can condition their warranty on your 'sending in the cards'.

And to put the List's collective minds to rest on another point, yes, you
CAN remove those tags from your mattresses, the ones that say, 'DO NOT
REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW'.  Trust me on this one, guys:  the Bedstead
Patrol is NOT checking on your compliance while you're at the grocery store

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!