Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs Contax quality control
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:55:18 +0500

At 09:22 PM 98-03-14 -0600, you wrote:
>What in the world do the G1 and M6 have in common that would make you ask
>that question? The vast majority of M6 owners are just happy as clams at
>high tide. Stop worrying about QC. Every Leica I've ever bought new has
>been just fine. The squeaky wheel gets the grease (and attention of the
list).
>==========
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO

Hello Eric,

	I do not consider myself a squeaky wheel and I am not after the attention
of the list.  I was merely reporting the troubles that I had with two new
M6's, repairs, shipping etc.  I have always tried to keep my comments on a
positive note with this list but I am sure that pointing out negative
experiences is allowed as well.  To end on a positive note - my M4-P is
functioning just fine even though the new M6 is sitting in a drawer waiting
to be shipped to Solms for replacement.  (Was that positive??)

Ian Stanley,

Kathmandu, Nepal