Subject: [Leica] Visoflex
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 98 13:06:38 -0800

> I'm very interested in the use of the Visoflex on an M6.  I would
> appreciate any advice from folks who *use* a Viso as to the basic
> pieces and what Viso lenses constitute "best buys."

Steve,

I've used the visoflex for a couple of years now, first on the M3 [even
better for neo-Luddites] and now on the M6. It is a fine piece of precision
equipment. For you additions, I believe I have one of the best combination
set ups;

- - bellows
- - 65 elmar [this lens is a "must"]
- - 280 visoflex telyt
- - 135 tele-elmar f4 [great lens on the M, and great "macro" lens on the bellows]
- - focus helicoid for the 65 elmar
- - adaptor ring for the 65/135 to the bellows
- - adaptor ring for a 39mm screw to the bellows [allows use of enlarging
lens for close up work

The whole kit is a bit cumbersome by some standards, but my M cameras act
like "interchangable" backs ;-) and the focus is relatively easy. It is not
easy to meter however, but as long as you have the V3 its not too bad. I
used to use the CLE with it - this gave a great A priority auto exposure to
the system, and would be one of the only reasons that I would now welcome
an electronic M7, [having been convinced by everyone here to give up on my
other reasons]

> Hence, neo-Luddite: one who resists the onslaught of
> computer/electronic technology.

and surfs the net in search of the perfect M system ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,