Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs Contax quality control
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 21:32:16 -0600

At 06:10 PM 3/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Unfortunately, I do not have the computer capacity to save every message
on the Leica User's Group >decisions on hold pending some clarification
from Leica (yes, now they have been damaged).  I am >seriously looking at a
Contax system, which apparently has better damage control as regards their
>cameras which do not operate perfectly.  The amazing thing is the apparent
overlap in subscriptions

Well, you might want to talk to some Contax owners first. I've heard
similar horror stories (like five RTSIII cameras going back to the factory
- - one owner by the way - over and over again). Nikon has similar
complaints, as does Canon. Pentax even! So think a little bit more before
jumping.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings
The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances
The wind that blows is all that any body knows.
  -Thoreau