Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs Contax quality control
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 18:10:37 -0800

Unfortunately, I do not have the computer capacity to save every message =
on the Leica User's Group (herein after "LUG").  However, I believe that =
the number of problems is more by different people is more than 6 (1% =
based upon your estimate of 600 members).  You also fail to account for =
the folks who do not have M-6s and subscribers that are using either =
pre-M Leicas or SLR Leicas.  I for one have put all buying decisions on =
hold pending some clarification from Leica (yes, now they have been =
damaged).  I am seriously looking at a Contax system, which apparently =
has better damage control as regards their cameras which do not operate =
perfectly.  The amazing thing is the apparent overlap in subscriptions =
between the LUG, the Contax-G list, and the Rollei list.  Based upon the =
quality control comments and the perceived attitude of Leica USA, I =
would have a hard time at the moment buying anything warranted by Leica =
USA.

Regards, Bill Larsen