Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux effect
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 17:45:43 -0600

At 05:57 PM 3/14/98 +0100, you wrote:

>I saw your assistant.jpg. Nice picture, Eric. Are you sure, that it's
>taken with the Noctilux ? - Looks rather like a 35 mm. Would you mind
>to add some technical details ? And, which is the 2-nd one ?

Look again. Not only wasn't it the Noctilux (which I didn't say it was I'm
sure but I've been wrong before) it wasn't the Summilux ASPH either. It was
the 19 Elmarit. Oops. I had to check my negatives and see it was with the
R8 before I remember which lens it was. The "keystoning" in the background
should have tipped me off. Not to mention the way the near-far
relationships work in this picture.

The light on the assistant herself was flourescent. The background light
was incandescent. With photoshop, I scanned it in with her sweater "white
clicked" (part of the scanner softare). It brought the color of the
background in as quite yellow. With some work in Photoshop I got it to look
pretty much like it did to the eye, except the background is a bit warm. No
flash. Fujicolor HG 400. f/4.5 at 1/15 so that her hand would blur as she
applies the sealent to the wood.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

When there's a will, I want to be in it.