Subject: Re: [Leica] curious leica item
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 13:28:10 -0500

At 05:12 PM 3/13/98 EST, Joe Zarick wrote:
>I have recently acquired a lens cap made from moulded aluminum, it screws
into
>the front of a lens (39MM) or a filter on the lens. On the front,  in black
>paint (?), the script  "LEICA" and below that "Canada". Protruding from the
>inside of the cap is a "screw" whicw fits onto the screw on the bottom of a
>IIIF leather case which holds the camera in the case. I hope this is clear,
>however I will wait to see.

Yes, this was a production Leitz item:  several have passed through my
hands over the years.  They are relatively rare, but not earth-shakingly
so:  they do command a slight premium over the more conventional lens caps.

I do not have a part number for this item:  Laney and Lager and van
Hasbroeck don't mention it, and it isn't in my (admittedly slim) collection
of catalogues.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!