Subject: [Leica] Visoflex Advice
From: "Stephen L. Alred" <SAlred@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 07:52:01 -0500

Greetings from a LUG-digest-lurker.

I've realized that part of my fascination for the M6 is from the fact tha=
I am at heart a neo-Luddite.  [Story below]  Following from this is that
I'm very interested in the use of the Visoflex on an M6.  I would
appreciate any advice from folks who *use* a Viso as to the basic pieces
and what Viso lenses constitute "best buys."

BTW: to followup on various threads of the past year:
   * Married on a small farm outside Washington, DC (horses,cats, Borzoi)=

   * Older M6, 2nd generation 35 Summicron with conflicted markings (they=
 =

     indicate it was made in BOTH Germany and Canada), 90mm Tele-Elmarit.=

   * just got an Abrahamsson winder
   * The frame counter on the M6 is now reading -6 from actual =

   * Do my own B&W in the hall bathroom on an Omega B22 w/ =

     Zone VI cold light

Regards,
Steve Alred

Luddites: bands of laborers who rioted (1811-16) in the industrial areas =
of
England; named for the mythical Ned Ludd or King Ludd. Starting in
Nottinghamshire, rioters destroyed textile machines, to which they
attributed high unemployment and low wages. The riots were harshly
suppressed.  Hence, neo-Luddite: one who resists the onslaught of
computer/electronic technology.