Subject: [Leica] Re: R-E
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 21:58:28 +0100

At 00:01 13-3-98 -0800, you wrote:

>Good one. In fact, in Rogliatti's book "Leica the First 70 Years" he says
>that unlike earlier cameras that Leica made to be "economy" models, the RE
>was not made in the same sense. It was just left simpler than the R5 for
>those people who didn't want shutter priority and program modes. In all
>other ways, it's identical to the R5.
>
>Is the M6 a stripped down model? No! Neither is the RE.

I have the may 1995 issue of Foto Magazin (German magazine). It has a large
feature on Leica. When the new electronics of the R7 are mentioned the text
says that the R-E was equiped with a "abgespeckte Variante" of the R5
electronics.
My German is a bit rusty, but to me abgespeckt translates as stripped down.
Or am I wrong? German LUGGERS please comment!
Bert Keuken