Subject: [Leica] RE: Plastic baseplate, April fools early......
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 9:11:08 -0500

Pardon LUGgers,

I sent out my annual April fools day message a little bit early this
year.  I did not talk to Leica USA about the plastic baseplate cover.
There is not supposed to be an enclosed warning about static buildup
packaged with the camera.  To my knowledge the plastic piece will not
increase the possibility of static discharge, but then again, I've been
right before.   [ :  )  You can get static discharge marks if the
conditions are right in a cold dry climate with any camera.

The point was and is that 1/2 truths tend to take on a life of their own.
 Somebody started the false rumor that Midland made lenses are inferior
to German ones and even Leica can't dispel that one.   If you believe
that they are..........  Forget photography..  Go take

Great line Jim,

Still chuckling,

Duane