Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning Leica film
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:10:12 -0600

At 10:08 AM 3/11/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Do you know if there's any software more current than what shipped with the
>RFS 2035 or 3570 (we have one of them, too, in the classroom where I teach

Yes, go to the Kodak web site and download the latest drivers. They work
pretty good. But still don't list Fuji films.

>Photoshop etc.)? The new Kodak 4050 (4x5) even has film curves for
>competitors' products, but that's a $50K scanner (and I'd sooner get an S1
>if I had that kind of budget)! Someone here suggested telling the scanner
>it's Royal Gold 200 when you scan T400CN, but that's not the only newer
>film the RFS doesn't recognize. What do you do?

For Fuji 800 I use the setting for Royal Gold 1000. For fuji 400, I use the
setting simply called "Negative."

Fuji films tend to have a tiny magenta bias in this scanner, but use
selective color to remove it makes gorgeous images.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

How do I set my laser printer on stun?