Subject: [Leica] Off-Topic: Airport X-ray Machines
From: Dave Myers <myers@bluelake.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:17:42 -0500

Hello...

CNN just had a story that said PHIMA(?) (Photographic Imaging
Manufacturers Association?) will release a report on Friday saying that
X-ray machines do indeed cause fogging, graininess, and striping on
unprocessed film.  Newer machines are more problematic than older ones,
but older machines can also cause problems if film is exposed to them
repeatedly.  The report is based on tests done with various films and
machines.

I think I got all the basics of this story correct.  I was a little
distracted when it was on.  I thought LUG members would be interested,
since X-rays came up a few months ago.

Dave