Subject: [Leica] Archiving Leica photos on CDrom
From: "Neal Findley" <nealfindley@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 17:17:24 -0600

I have lost the previous emails on this subject but as I recall Eric was
engaged in a project to scan and save his negatives on cdrom.  I have been
scanning and saving about 600MB a day (I try to write a whole cdrom a day).
I am using my Nikon coolscanII at 2700 dpi which gives me a 28 MB file on
each color neg or slide and a 9MB file on each BW neg.  I am beginning to
wonder if it is even advantageous to use 2700dpi particularly in light of
Hewlett Packards comments that anything above 16oodpi is wasted anyway.
Almost anyone has to be more knowledgable than me on this subject.  Any
expert thoughts?
- -Neal