Subject: [Leica] Advice on used lens +body
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:23:25 +0100

Yesterday I bought some well-used, but cheap M-gear. Summilux 35 (1966),
Summicron 90 (1966) and a M2 (1965). (Price was $350 for the lot, and this
offer could not be refused).

One of the body strap lugs is loose (goes around and around). Will it stick
in place anyway, or is it a risk? Can I fix it myself?
The Summilux front part (in front of diaphragm ring) can be shifted a few
mm. It is a little loose. Is this something to worry about?
The Summicron 90 is fine, although the diaphragm scale points the wrong way,
using the M6. Why did Leitz do two variants of this diaphragm ring, in
opposite directions?
I will be shooting some test shots later today.

I thought I would give these things to my talented daughter, who is 18 now,
graduating from college this spring, and looking for photo schools.
/Hans