Subject: Re: [Leica] Getting my M4 Black Repainted
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:10:43 -0800

I would be curious what others think re a well-done repaint of a
black-paint body. One of my M2's has more brass showing than black, and I
have wondered whether a factory or factory-like paint job would add value
to it.

I know that you do not clean old coins or they lose value. But a
paint-peeling '57 Chevy has never been worth more than one with a good new
paint job. What about a black-paint M camera? Also can anyone explain the
difference between "black paint" and "black enamel" - two terms that often
show up in used camera listings.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff