Subject: [Leica] CANON RANGEFINDERS
From: "Charles W. Fout" <foutcw@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 22:13:20 -0800

Greetings:
   Just discovered the LUG.  Lots of good info.  THANKS!  Years ago, my
father gave me a Canon IV-SB with lots of neat stuff, 35, 50, 85 and 100
mm lenses; universal finder, Canon rapid winder; auto-ups and flash
unit.  I shoot a couple rolls a year to keep it in  good working order.
I'm always happy with the results, however it is a pain to use sometimes
- - squinty little view finder, parallax adjustments and not really
practical for electronic flash.  Recently I decided to look for a more
advanced screw-mount rangefinder body.
   Never heard of  Canon Model 7 until I read Stephen Gandy's Camera
Quest.  I found and purchased a very nice one with a 50mm 1:1.2 for a
reasonable price on the net.  The camera is a joy to use and I've taken
some very nice black and white.

Chuck