Subject: [Leica] Packaging on the M6
From: COLBYG@ULV.EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

	My life would be nothing without frivolous fretting...

	I've been happily snapping away with my new M6 since January. The
baseplate has a thin plastic sheet on it which appears to be some sort of
protective packaging material. I haven't removed it yet but I'm tempted. It
helps to protect the finish on the bottom (like those awful plastic sofa covers
in the '50s) and no one but me knows it's there.
	Can anyone think of a reason to remove it? Or not?

- -Gary
colbyg@ulv.edu