Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought (24 rokkor versus 24 elmarit)
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:42:57 +0100

>At 11:39 AM 3/9/98 +0100, you wrote:

I would wait to get a 24,
they really need to update that one. It's a great lens, don't get me wrong.
I liked mine, but it's quite old.

The Elmarit-R 24 is the same lens (optical formula and lenses)that the
Minolta rokkor. The differences are cosmetic...and the price of the
Elmarit(foolish thing).That lens has been tested (mtf method) by the french
photographic review "chasseur d'images". The conclusion of the test is : a
very common quality for a very high price.
So, we can expect a new model, at the same price but entirely made by Leica.
;-)