Subject: [Leica] MR-4 Meter
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 23:47:02 -0800

As a badge carrying Electronics type, and specifically trained in Analog
Circuits, I will tell you what I know about the CRIS adaptor and what I
would like to know from the circuit traced out by Dennis Painter:

Dennis: please send to me the circuit..... I will evaluate and put it in
laymans' terms so we can have a good discussion.... Ditto a Leica/Minolta
CL/CLE schematic, if someone has one.

I spoke to CRIS about their adaptor, and I have some major points to make
with it.... It should work fine in a MR/MR4 Meter or a  CL.  It is a
PASSIVE device, it contains only a resistor, which drops the voltage by a
predetermined, and approximated amount, based upon their studies of analog
CDS meter circuitry in cameras over the past 20 - 30 years.  It will work
LOUSY in a device that uses a LED to display meter readings.

I will explain more upon analysis of the MR4 circuit.

Thank You
Remove "ZZ" form auto reply address or
please reply to address below:

Frank Filippone