Subject: Re: [Leica] (Leica) MR-4 Meter
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:08:25 -0800

Phil Kokoczka wrote:

> Ken Wilcox wrote:
> >According to the LHSA Viewfinder, silver cells will work properly
> without modification of the meter.<
>
> Can someone refer me to the Viewfinder issue that references the use of
> silver oxide cells in the MR-4 meter? I have been a member of LHSA for
> only over a year now and can order the particular issue.
>
> What silver cell can be used in the MR-4?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil Kokoczka, 36 miles west of Ken Wilcox

Hi Phil,

There is no silver oxide cell that I know of that fits the MR-4. You
might try the CRIS adaptor that lowers the voltage, otherwise the Wein
cell, or try to get the mercuric cells from Canada.

There is no voltage regulation in the meter for higher voltage cells,
you need a cell or adaptor thats 1.35 volts out.

Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown