Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 J and a new M camera!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 18:19:09 -0500

At 08:59 PM 3/9/98 -0000, Claes wrote:
>Just for the record, how new is your M6? According to my Leica repairman
>it is the M6 from the new production line that really keeps him busy
>nowadays.

1665445, Wetzlar.  The problems with the Solms cameras seem only to date
from 1994 or thereabouts, when they used a plastic gear in the film
advance, and from a small run of 1997 cameras.

Given the rather substantial volume of M6's out there, a small portion seem
to be responsible for all the rumours.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!