Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 18:15:22 -0500

At 02:37 PM 09-03-98 EST, you wrote:
><< (I think the so-called "difference" is sometimes more in
> people's minds than elsewhere; it is rather a question of personal
> likening or dislikening the overall footprint of Leica or someone's elses
> top lenses) >>
>
>I think you are correct.  It would be interesting if a well designed test
>would be performed by someone like a respected university professor to
>determine if anyone could actually distinguish among photos made by one
>various top quality lenses.
>
>There are audiophiles who swear that they can hear the difference between
>speaker wire
>
>Tom Shea

I have tried to do just such a test, but found it more difficult to
actually carry out.  My first attempt at comparing 4 different 50mm lenses
was very inconclusive.  In the Spring I will try the test again.  I suspect
it may be just as inconclusive as my first, which may actually be an
interesting result in itself.

Dan C.