Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 20:30:02 +0100

Hi Hans, you wrote:
>I got the AlS-version, just like you. I paid $600 for a used sample in mint
>condition, boxed with original lens hood.
Great stuff!

>Lots of Nikon AlS-lenses can be bought at favourable prices, because
>everyone want AF.
I know that, that why I also bought the AIS version.

>I will shoot some pix with it tomorrow in Gothenburg, to see if it's worth
>the money. Would you say that the out of focus picture parts are less
>appealing also with B/W?
Absolutely and I doing mostly B/W, tri-X w/ personnal treatment.
The out of focus picture parts are often to much contrasted and the prints
are really harder to make than with a leitz lens. Otherwise, it can be
really good, depending of your focus accuracy (at least at f/1.4). I also
used it a lot w/ tri-X pushed at 1600 and these time, it was difficult to
correct the high contrast of the out of focus areas!
>I plan to use this lens on motorless FE2 or F3, that is why I got the AlS
>variant. I plan to bring it along with one or two M:s, as compact and
>lightweight as possible.
This lens is great with the F3HP because of the superb viewfinder and the speed!

Good pictures,
Thib.