Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:43:38 +0100

+
"I wonder if there is
a notable difference of 10% as with sound you need a 3db gain or reduction
in volume to discern the difference?"
=
Why are we paying that BIG premium over professional Nikon or Canon
lenses? I doubt that the difference in quality between them and Leica -
if there is any  (I think the so-called "difference" is sometimes more in
people's minds than elsewhere; it is rather a question of personal
likening or dislikening the overall footprint of Leica or someone's elses
top lenses) - is more than 10%...

Sorry to hurt some people's feelings, but it is healthy to now and then
play the role of the devil's advocate
:-)

Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r