Subject: [Leica] Testing a lens before buying it
From: "Harold Gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 07:27:03 +0200

Ted wrote....

>I wondered what your comment referred to? I understand this is a very fine
>lens and have it beside me about to be used.
>
>           <<<the dog of a 35mm Summicron Asph,>>>>>>>
>
>What seems to be the problem?

Hi Ted

Yes, it is a very fine lens and I am very amazed by the qualities of the
photos that can be taken with it. Unfortunately mine has a doughnut shaped
fault on one of the elements....that's why I referred to it as such...

Best wishes

Harold

Visit my web site at:
http://hgphoto.home.ml.org

You can send a short text message to my cellphone by sending e-mail to
0837004303@sms.co.za.
Please ensure that mail sent for this purpose is in plain text only.

My e-mail addresses are as follows:
haroldgess@journalist.com
gess@icon.co.za
Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!