Subject: Re: [Leica] old 180 f2.8 vs old 250 f4
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 16:33:38 -0600

At 10:40 AM 3/8/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I would love it if someone could discuss the relative merits of these two
>lenses in their older versions.

For one thing, they could pass as identical twins at a distance. But the
180 is actually heavier than the 250. I used the 180 for some time, and had
it converted to a 3 cam lens (in '84 is cost me $135.00 USD).  It was a
very fine lens. Very heavy too. But the new Elmarit is a better lens, and
much easier on the neck.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!