Subject: Re: [Leica] Testing a lens before buying it
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 23:12:46 +0100

At 15:14 08.03.1998 +0200, you wrote:
>Ahhhhhhhh

>The order means when it arrives (many weeks later) you pay your money and
>take your goods. If you don't like it, too bad.

I do understand, that import/export into some countries may be
difficult, and that you almost risk your life to get a Leica lens.

Now comes the stuff, that I refuse to believe:

You pay several thousand $ to get a part of Leica gear, and wait
8, 10 weeks or longer till you get it - instead of investing
USD 80, 100 and hold it in your trembling fingers at the very next day.

It's absolutely incredible to me, that any LUG who spends that much
money on the gear, reacts absolutely cheap on delivery conditions and
prefers to wait instead investing into UPS and receive the gear next
day till 10.30h.

So, why don't you call Leica GmbH, make them send your gear via USP and
own it at the very next day ? I would go crazy if I needed to wait weeks
and weeks for my gear - absolutely incredible to me.

Alf
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm