Subject: Re: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:55:41 -0800

Having done a photoshoot with a model at the beach this morning with the
R8 and G2 both around my neck at the same time, I can't wait to see the
images on Monday AM.  And, Eric, the view is not that distorted.....I used the
28, 45, and 90 lenses and the viewfinder was bright and not distorted.

At 09:16 PM 3/7/98 -0600, Eric Welch wrote:
>At 04:57 PM 2/23/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>With a real-time zooming viewfinder compared to the M's framelines,
>>I would not consider the G2 a camera "light years" behind the M6.
>
>On the other hand, if it looks like you're peering down the narrow tunnel
>that's a bit distorted, and it's not nearly has clean and open as the M6,
>I'd say the G2 doesn't hold a candle to the M6. "Light years" has nothing
>to do with it. That's called a mixed metaphor. :-)
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
>
>Albert Einstein

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com