Subject: Re: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 13:26:22 +0800

I bought the G2 for use with the G 21mm & 28mm Biogons, because the
Elmarit 21mm ASPH & finder alone costs more than the G2 body plus the
Biogons.  Also, while the Elmarit 21mm ASPH is an outstanding lens, I
didn't think I could live with the frame/focus/frame routine necessary
for this lens.  Both the G 21mm & 28mm Biogons are very sharp though I
wouldn't bother with any lens comparison tests.  The other posts
correctly pointed out the limitations of the G2 finder, and I agree it
"stinks" to a certain degree.  But you buy into a system knowing its
limitations, and I personally would only trust the G2 rangefinder to
wide DOF lenses such as the 21mm & 28mm because it bothers me that I
can't see it focus.

All in all, I am a happy man.  Now I carry around the G2 w/21mm/28mm and
the M6 w/ 35 'Lux and 50 'Cron.  My Nikon F4s will never see daylight
again!

- - Cheers, Ray