Subject: [Leica] Leica stuff I've seen today
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 20:52:38 -0600

Well, I had a fun day in Kansas City.

Went to a camera show. Saw lots of used LTM, M and R stuff for sale today.
What I saw that I've never seen before are several things.

One was Tom A's rapidwinder on the bottom of an M4-P. Very nice piece of
equipment, but I can see it would take a bit of practice to make it work as
smoothly as Ted makes it sound. Seems a bit awkward the first few strokes,
but one gets used to it fast. Nice piece of machinery.

Then I saw a Vario-Elmari 80-200 f/4. I must say it's one good looking
lens. I thought after looking at the pictures of it it was strange looking.
But in person it's quite attractive and compact. I think I want one, but
not until I have a bunch of other lenses I want. Also saw the new 50
Summicron with the built-in hood. I like it a lot.

All in all, a good day.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!