Subject: Re: [Leica] 40-45 mm M lenses
From: Charles Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 14:42:40 -0600

If you want a smallish lens in the 40mm range, pick up a used 40mm/2.0
Summicron that was made for the Leica CL.  (Del's has one at $395 in
condition 9.)  The camera may have been made by Minolta in Japan, but my
copy of this lens was made in Wetzlar.  It is indeed tiny, smaller than
I remember the 35mm lenses being.  I don't remember which frame line it
called up on an M (all I have at the moment is the CL) but it was
probably the 35mm.  Makes for a very small package.