Subject: RE: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 10:40:13 -0500

The quality issue of the contax viewfinder is actually rather simple IMHO.
It stinks. It is good that the camera is autofocus. The viewfinder would be
nearly impossible to focus optically in poor light. The silly thing is
ridicuously dim.

Cheers!

kw

>Eric - You're wrong about the Contax G2 when you say it isn't a rangefinder
>camera.  The camera views the subject through two different windows and
>compares the views just as the the Leica does.  But the decision as to the
>correct point of focus is made by microprocessor rather than the user.  It
>works quite well.  What is your definition of a "rangefinder camera"? As for
>the viewfinder that you describe in two works ( "it stinks"), many of us
>really like it!  You seem to have simplistic answers to not so simple and
>clear-cut questions. - JB.

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>