Subject: [Leica] eyepiece for Leica M
From: "Andreas Frijdal" <frijdal@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:24:12 +0100

Dear Richard,

Thanks very much for your advice. I "grasped"  most of  email, though some
questions remain, btw you were almost as close as you could get: I am 50.

First, I should have been more precise: I am using a M4P.  My glasses are
progressive Variolux type from Zeiss and the right eye is from +1 to +3,25.

Second if I understand you correctly you suggest that I should have a
correction of +1,5 for my M4P., to use without my glasses.

Third I could use my glasses with a correction eyepiece  (buying the latest
model with a rubber gasket) looking trough the top part of my glasses. Would
the eyepiece fit my M4P?

It is not so much that I have a blurred view. But that I was somewhat
disappointed about the sharpness of my pictures when  I started taking
pictures with a Leica rangefinder about 2 year ago. ( I had to switched to
somewhat calmer hobby's due to a bad hard attack and nasty hard operation
at 48).  I  used to have Nikons as a student ( 2 Nikkormats  FTN, the nice
heavy bulky ones, with a 35/43-86/105) and I had expected a real difference
with the M4P.  I now have a  28/50/90 to make sure that the rangefider
mechanism was adjusted properly I sent the camera to John Van Stelten in
Colorado to CAL  job. He also cleaned and coated my 50 mm.

Sorry for all this questions!

Thanks an advance

Andreas

p.s. if you ever come to Tuscany I have got some excellent wine in my
cellar!

Dr .Andreas Frijdal
Casalmonte
San Polo in Chianti